A flood warning issued for Swanage Bay has been removed but a flood alert remains in place across the wider area.
Earlier, the Environment Agency (EA) said river and tidal levels had risen on the Dorset coast, leaving properties at risk of flooding.
The EA advised people to stay safe by avoiding sea promenades and exposed coastal areas.
Flood warnings had been in place over an area covering the High Street, the Square, the Parade and the Mowlem.
The alert – meaning flooding is possible – covers Castletown, Weymouth, Preston Beach, Swanage Bay, Studland Bay, Sandbanks, Poole Harbour, Bournemouth Beach, Hengistbury Head and Christchurch Harbour.
The Met Office forecast says the stormy weather is expected to move northwards on Wednesday evening.