The District and surrounding area could wake up to a frost Sunday morning.
The National Weather Service issued a frost advisory for portions of Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday.
Gardeners and those with a green thumb should protect vulnerable plants from a potential frost. And anyone with a jack-o’-lantern out front should consider bringing it inside and safe from freezing temperatures — which could cause all that hard work to rot out, according to Smithsonian Magazine.
D.C. can expect temperatures close to 40, and the suburbs might get into the low 30s.
- Baltimore County: including Reisterstown and Cockeysville
- Harford County: including Jarrettsville and Aberdeen
- Cecil County: including Elkton
- Montgomery County: including Bethesda, Rockville, Gaithersburg and Silver Spring
- Prince George’s County: including Bowie, Suitland-Silver Hill, Clinton, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel and Camp Springs
- Anne Arundel County: including Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Severn, South Gate, Severna Park, Arnold and Odenton
- Charles County: including St. Charles and Waldorf
- Falls Church
- Fairfax County: including Reston, Herndon, Annandale, Centreville, Chantilly, McLean and Franconia
SUNDAY: Increasing cloud coverage in the evening. Highs in the mid-60s.
MONDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of scattered showers late in the day. Highs in the mid-60s.
TUESDAY: Morning showers then turning sunny after. Highs in the lower 70s.
Source: Wtop News